So, my big plan for this post was to make a list of Wisconsin celebrities. My research unveiled two things:
- This has been done way too many times.
- I was completely in the dark about some of these people, and I'm still in shock.
I'm going to abandon the original plan and just list the people that really surprised me. So, without further adieu:
1. Liberace - A West Allis native! I had no idea. I cannot believe West Allis has not changed its name to reflect this fact and maybe grasp at a name that gives the illusion of glam and glitter. I feel like "Liberace Town" or "Liberace Grove" would attract tourists and makes way more sense than "West Allis", especially since there isn't an East, North or South Allis (thank God).
2. Charlotte Rae (Mrs. Garret) - Originally from Shorewood, Charlotte will always remind us to "take the good, you take the bad, take them both and there ya have, the facts of life." How fitting. Another awesome fact about Ms. Rae, her BFF is Cloris Leachman, one of my fave funny ladies.
4. John Matuszak (Sloth) - The lovable monster from the Goonies is from Oak Creek. Chocolate! He had other notable roles in Hollywood, but this one put him and Oak Creek on the map.
So, there you have it. Yes, there are a lot of people I left out. I especially left out people that give this state of ours a bad name and obvious celebs.
Keepin' it short today.